The most physiologic properties of this frame work material are only surpassed by nature itself. It is as elastic, light and thermal conductivity as that of bone by making the patient’s feel at ease.
They have the highest aesthetic retention and resistance to scratching and abrasion. It is a bio-compatible polymer of polyether ketone and is strengthened using ceramic. They have been in use in body Implantology for over 30 years (intervertebral discs, hip joints etc). With the improvement by ceramic fillers these materials can now be used in dental applications especially as a framework.
- Anti allergic – no metal, oxide or monomer
- Weight and density is similar to natural bone
- Does not have a metallic taste
- Off peak effect – reduce the compression and torsion caused by chewing
- Heat conduction similar to teeth – increasing the comfort
- Low abrasion and good Versatility
Advantages of Royal Peek restorations:
Unbeatable convenient processing, Maximum customisability, Cuts like dentin, Conserving the antagonists, Optimal Osseointegration, Optimal gingival management, Longevity of the restoration, Natural oral feeling and chewing sensation, Natural aesthetics, Allows immediate restoration and one time treatment.
Can be used as permanent dental prosthetic framework, implant and natural tooth cases. They have excellent gingival management and pressure absorption.
- Flexural Strength – 180 mpa with almost no water solubility
- E-modulus – >4550 mpa
- Wear time 9 years